Friday, December 23, 2016

Book Review :: Zacchaeus and Jesus / Jesus and Zacchaeus by Dandi Daley Mackall, illustrated by Lisa Manuzak

Zacchaeus and Jesus is such a neat book! This book is the first time that I encountered the Flipside Stories series, and I loved it! What a unique idea. This is two books in one cover - just flip the book over to read the other story. One side of the book is Zacchaeus and Jesus ("Zacchaeus's Side of the Story"), and the other side is Jesus and Zacchaeus ("Jesus' Side of the Story").
Zacchaeus and Jesus is written in rhyme with short, easy-to-read text.

The illustrations in Zacchaeus and Jesus are my favorite part. I love how big and bold they are and I appreciate the fact that the illustrations are from the perspective of the person "telling" the story (Zacchaeus in the front side, and Jesus in the flip side).  

The Flipside Stories series has won me over - I love this idea!
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: