Friday, December 2, 2016

Book Review :: NIV Wonders of Creation Holy Bible

The Wonders of Creation Holy Bible is a new Bible to the market that pulls in some of the open artwork from the Wonders of Creation coloring book
I loved the Wonders of Creation coloring book, and was so excited to see this Bible version come out. I must say, though, that I expected more. I was hoping that this Bible would be done in a journaling Bible style (with wide margins and some artwork here and there among the margin space), but that is not what happened. This is basically a standard hardcover Bible with some thicker pages inserted every once in awhile (in no apparent order) that are able to be colored in. The Bible text is in a two column format, with all black text (including the words of Christ). The test is standard size (not large but not super tiny).

With that said, I do love the artwork (taken from the Wonders of Creation coloring book) and think this could be a great introduction for kids into the merging of the Bible and art. The artwork is beautiful as is and doesn't need to be colored in, but that is definitely where some of the excitement for this Bible comes in. 

The Wonders of Creation Holy Bible is a neat idea and is definitely worth looking into, but if you are looking for a journaling-style Bible for kids, this is not it. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: