Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Book Review :: Jesus Calling My First Bible Storybook by Sarah Young, illustrated by Antonia Woodward

Jesus Calling My First Bible Storybook is a new Bible story board book from the Jesus Calling line of books. 
While many of the Jesus Calling books are quite unique in nature (having words written as if they are from Jesus to the reader), Jesus Calling My First Bible Storybook is a fairly typical Bible storybook for toddlers. Yes, this does have some wording written as if it were directly from Jesus, but they are just one short sentence on the page opposite the Bible story. 

With that said, though, I do like the Jesus Calling My First Bible Storybook. It includes many of the basic "starter" Bible stories and some that are not often found in toddler versions of Bible storybooks. 
The stories included are:
- God Made Everything!
- Noah's Big Boat
- God's Promise to Abraham
- Baby Moses
- Ten Commandments
- David and Goliath
- Jonah and the Big Fish
- Daniel and the Lions
- Queen Esther Is Brave!
- Jesus Is Born
- Jesus Is Baptized
- A Little Boy's Lunch
- Jesus Calms the Sea
- The Prodigal Son
- Jesus Loves Children
- Zacchaeus
- The Cross
- Jesus Is Alive!
- Jesus Is Coming Again
- God's Family

What puts this one over the top for me is the illustrations - they are adorable!

If you love the Jesus Calling books, be sure to check this one out (and Jesus Calling for Little Ones, too!).
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: