Friday, May 27, 2016

Book Reviews :: God Bless America, God Bless Texas, and God Bless Florida (A Land That I Love Book series) illustrated by Peter Francis

God Bless America, God Bless Texas, and God Bless Florida are three new board books from the A Land That I Love Book series (illustrated by Peter Francis). Because the three books share many qualities, I am going to review them together. 

In God Bless America, Henry the bear takes a trip across the USA. He travels to New York, South Dakota, Florida, Texas, California, and Washington DC before heading home.

In God Bless Texas, Henry the bear takes a trip to Texas. He travels to Guadalupe Peak, Austin, Dallas, the Alamo, Houston, and Big Bend before heading home.

In God Bless Florida, Henry the bear takes a trip to Florida. He travels to Miami, Tallahassee, Daytona, the Everglades, the Space Center, and a "park" (described similar to Walt Disney World without using the name) before heading home.
In each of the three books (God Bless AmericaGod Bless Texas, and God Bless Florida), the first four pages share the same wording (with only the location description changed). The illustrations on the first four pages are very similar as well, with a few changes to reflect the location(s) of his trip. Again the last four pages of each of the three books are worded and illustrated very much the same. In God Bless America, a page or two from both God Bless Texas and God Bless Florida are copied into the main body of the book.

Although I don't think I would pay to purchase more than one of these books (because there is so much overlap with about half of the content being repeated), I do think that they are cute and I really like that Henry the bear ends his trip(s) by praying and thanking God for his fun vacations. I say that...but if one came out about my family's home state I sure would love to own it.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: