Monday, March 21, 2016

Book Review :: I Can (a Sit for a Bit book) by Kathryn O'Brien, illustrated by Gillian Flint

I Can is a Sit for a Bit book written by Kathryn O'Brien and illustrated by Gillian Flint.

I Can is such a unique book - it is basically an early introduction to memorization and Bible study. 
I Can goes through Philippians 4:13, adding one (or two) words at a time and focusing on the new thoughts that are added. One page opening states the words that have been introduced in the verse and the following page opening adds a few thoughts about the word (or words) that have been introduced. For example, when the word "who" is added, the next page says, "Who loves us, protects us, helps us, saves us." Because of the repetition of the verse as words are added, this is a great way to memorize the verse without even focusing on memorization. Hearing it repeatedly will automatically help it sink in as it is read. 

I Can is a cute, simple book with a great purpose - great for any family's bookshelf.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through the Tyndale Blog Network book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: