Monday, November 9, 2015

Book Review :: The Berenstain Bears, The Very First Christmas by Jan & Mike Berenstain

The Berenstain Bears: The Very First Christmas is the newest of The Berenstain Bears booksThe Berenstain Bears books are instant classics, as far as I am concerned. These are books that I grew up reading and the new books in the collection keep in line with the Berenstain legacy. The Berenstain Bears books are books that exemplify moral character, and I appreciate that. This particular book is a great additional resource where children can hear the Christmas story.
In The Berenstain Bears: The Very First Christmas, Papa Bear reads the story of the very first Christmas to the bear cubs. After the introductory page where it shows the bear family getting ready to read, it is just the story of the first Christmas - illustrated in true Berenstain style. (There isn't even a closing where we come back to the bear family. The story just ends.)

On the inside of the back cover, there are questions and activity suggestions for those who would like to take it farther than just reading the book.

All in all, I think The Berenstain Bears: The Very First Christmas is a nice addition to The Berenstain Bears books...and a great book to share with young children to help celebrate Christmas.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: