Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Book Review :: My Give Thanks Bible

The My Give Thanks Bible is a cute choice for a first Bible book for your little one. The My Give Thanks Bible is a padded hardcover board book, with cute illustrations in a bright color palette. There are 20 page openings (for a total of 40 pages) that each have a title, Scripture reference, a short story, and a short prayer of thankfulness.
The My Give Thanks Bible contains 16 Bible stories:

Old Testament stories:
- "How the World Began" (creation)
- "Adam & Eve" (Adam & Eve)
- "Noah's Ark" (Noah's ark)
- "A Baby in a Basket" (baby Moses)
- "Moses and the Red Sea" (Moses)
- "David and the Giant" (David & Goliath)
- "Wise King Solomon" (Solomon)
- "In a Den of Lions" (Daniel)

New Testament stories:
- "Mary and the Angel" (Jesus' birth)
- "A Star Lights the Way" (wise men)
- "Jesus Is Baptized" (Jesus' baptism)
- "Jesus and the Disciples" (Jesus' disciples)
- "Food for Five Thousand" (Jesus feeds many)
- "Jesus and the Children" (Jesus & children)
- "Jesus' Sacrifice" (Jesus' arrest & crucifixion)
- "Jesus Goes to Heaven" (resurrection & ascension)

The stories and short prayers in the My Give Thanks Bible are the perfect size for babies and small toddlers. I love that the My Give Thanks Bible includes some stories that are not typically found in Bible story board books and has a focus on thankfulness. Focusing on being thankful can never happen too early in life. Overall, I think this is a must have for your little one's bookshelf. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: