Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Book Review :: The First Easter Ever illustrated by Dennis Jones

The First Easter Ever is a small paperback book geared toward children, ages 4-8. 

The illustrations in The First Easter Ever are by Dennis Jones, who has also illustrated the Read With Me BibleThe First Christmas Ever, and the NIrV Super Heroes Bible. Although the caricature-like cartoon style is not my personal favorite, the illustrations are entertaining. 
Despite the humorous/cartoonish style illustrations, the story in The First Easter Ever is serious. The writing does take liberty (it is a story, not quoted from the Bible), but it remains accurate overall. The story begins as Jesus begins his ministry and ends with Jesus' ascension. (This is a fantastic companion to The First Christmas Ever, which tells the rest of Jesus' life on earth.)

With a retail price of $1.99 - I think The First Easter Ever is a must-have (and is a great gift option, too!).
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: