Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Book Review :: Lucado Treasury of Bedtime Prayers by Max Lucado and Denalyn Lucado, illustrated by Lisa Alderson

The Lucado Treasury of Bedtime Prayers is a large, 160 page book with a padded hardcover. Inside, the pages are filled with prayers, poems, and verses perfect for a variety of times in the day and a variety of situations. 
The writings are divided up as follows:
  • Good Morning, God
  • God, You Are Great!
  • My Family and Friends
  • In My Play and Through My Day
  • My Mealtime Prayers
  • God Takes Care of Me
  • Teach Me, God
  • Prayers for Special Days
  • Thank You, God!
  • Good Night, God

Many of the prayers are written (or adapted) in rhyme, so they would be easy for children (or anyone) to memorize. The prayers come from a variety of sources, traditional and modern. (There are prayers from sources such as the Psalms and other Scriptures, St. Francis of Assisi, and, of course, Max & Denalyn Lucado.) Many of the prayers do not follow the traditional "Dear God, ... Amen." prayer format, which makes the selections in the book very versatile, in my opinion. 

There are a lot of prayers/poems in this book. (For example, the first section, "Good Morning, God", has 21 prayers spread over 13 pages.) Most of the pages have 2 prayers per page. The writings are accented with beautifully done illustrations by Lisa Alderson. 

All in all, I think the Lucado Treasury of Bedtime Prayers is a great book to have on hand and a great resource to reference at any time of the day or for any situation. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: