Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Adventures in Bible art & journaling :: Week 3

Here are the pages from week 3 of my Bible art & journaling adventure:

Reading about Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel made me have a new respect for him. Many times we focus on the part of the story where he is requiring everyone to bow down to his statue, but after an extremely humbling time, he immediately raises his head and praises God. 
This is inspired by a quote that I love from The Jesus Storybook Bible ("And they were lovely because he loved them."):
Psalm 148 is full of praise to God (and who...or what...should be praising God) and I just loved the mental picture it gave:
I love the picture Psalm 8 gives of God "hanging" the moon and stars in place: 
For this page, I combined the images that were talked about in two different translations (NASB & NIV):
I love this blessing: 
I don't remember what exactly brought me to this passage (quite a few of the passages I have come across lately are from our family reading time using the Daily Office Lectionary in The Book of Common Prayer, so it may have been something from there), but I immediately had a picture in my head when I read it, so I just had to get it down:
I love wearing scarves, and when I read about binding love and faithfulness around your neck, this is the picture I got:
Life is like a mist:

Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:
Bible: Zondervan (NASB Note-taker's Bible);
Colored Pencils: Prang (various colors);
Pens: ZIG (Millennium); Sakura (Pigma Micron); 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At this time it sounds like Drupal is the top blogging platform available right now.
(from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?


Take a look at my web-site: home improvement diy (www.homeimprovementdaily.com)