Friday, December 5, 2014

Book Review :: Our Presidents Rock! by Juliette Turner

Our Presidents Rock! was written by Juliette Turner. Juliette Turner is a 16 year old who is the National Youth Director for Constituting America (of which her mom, Janine Turner, is founder & co-chair). As the book claims, Our Presidents Rock! was "written for kids by a kid". (Juliette Turner also authored Our Constitution Rocks!)
Our Presidents Rock! covers all presidents (Washington through Obama). The book includes an overview for each president: their life, presidency, accomplishments, and views. There is also information about how each president has impacted our lives today and why we should learn about them. In addition, there are timelines, election results, and some fun facts for each president. I particularly enjoyed the "Presidential Height Chart" at the end of the book.

Our Presidents Rock! is a great book - and would be especially useful for homeschoolers. It is interesting and informative. The layout of the book is eye-catching, but it may lean a bit toward the "busy" side as far as the design is concerned. 

In my opinion, Our Presidents Rock! is a step above other presidential history books because it has that element of fun (& relevance) that keeps you wanting to learn. My kids enjoy this book and I look forward to using it in our schooling.  
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: