Thursday, December 11, 2014

Book Review :: The First Christmas Ever illustrated by Dennis Jones

The First Christmas Ever is a small paperback book geared toward children, ages 4-8. 

The illustrations in The First Christmas Ever are by Dennis Jones, who has also illustrated the Read With Me Bible and the NIrV Super Heroes Bible. Although the caricature-like cartoon style is not my personal favorite, the illustrations are entertaining. 
Despite the humorous/cartoonish style illustrations, the story in The First Christmas Ever is serious. The writing does take liberty (it is a story, not quoted from the Bible), but it remains accurate overall. (The only thing that immediately popped out to me as possibly inaccurate was the mention of "three" wise men, but that is minor, in my opinion.) The story is divided into two sections: "Jesus Is Born" (pages 4-29), and "Jesus Grows Up" (pages 30-31). 

With a retail price of $1.99 - I think The First Christmas Ever is a must-have (and is a great gift option, too!).
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: