Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thankful For Our Friendship {The Twinery}

{I'm sharing today on The Twinery blog - check it out here.}
It's that time of year again when many people are focused on the things they are thankful for (followed by a mad rush to shop for all the things they "need" - how ironic, right?).

In my opinion, it's always a good time of year to be thankful - and what better to be thankful for than those around us? 
I created this card and tag combo to celebrate the gift of friendship. It was a simple (& fun!) process involving watercolor paints, stamps, and of course The Twinery's twine. The hardest part of this process was waiting for the watercolor paints to dry. :o)
I chose to use one of my favorite colors of twine - Solid Charcoal. (It is like the little black dress of twine.)
Outside of school when I was younger, I have only recently started getting into watercolors and thought the watercolor background would be perfect for some silhouette stamping. I kept the card and tag very similar which made it a very easy process. After the tag is given, it can even live a little longer as a bookmark. 

Thanks for stopping by today - I am thankful for YOU!


Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Charcoal);

Cardstock: Canson (140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper);
Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (Tree of Gratitude: Leaf Silhouette - Layers of Life September 2013; Pumpkin Blossoms - Thankful Sentiment);
Ink: Ranger (Archival - Jet Black);
Paint: Master's Touch (Watercolors - Orange, Indian Yellow, Yellow);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);

No comments: