Friday, September 13, 2013

X Marks The Spot {The Twinery}

The Twinery has another inspiring challenge going on...the "X Marks The Spot" challenge.
With the title I immediately thought of a pirate themed project, but I was needing to create some decorations for a baby shower for two soon-to-be-born little girls and thought that a cross-stitch approach would be great to tie in with this challenge (and a little more girly than the pirate idea).
I created a banner with the name of each of the little girls we were celebrating. The banners were strung with The Twinery's Solid Natural twine which was threaded through the top corners of each of the banner pieces cross-stitch style.
In addition to the banners, I created a small floral display.
I again used The Twinery's Solid Natural twine - this time to wrap around the jars. As I wrapped the twine around the jars I did a little criss-crossing...just enough to hint at the cross-stitch design in the banner without having to do cross-stitching on each jar.

And if inspiration isn't enough to make you want to join in...how about this amazing prize?
I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!

Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Natural); 

Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (The Sweetest Thing - Lavender 6x6); 
Stickers: American Crafts (Thickers); 
Other: (Buttons); (Time Cards);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Threading Water Border Punch, 1/8" Circle Hand Punch); 

No comments: