Friday, August 27, 2010

3 Layouts in 3 Weeks

I recently went through a sort of dry-spell in my crafting.
Things got busy and I didn't make time for it.

Things are still busy, but I demanded (to myself) that I make time for crafting. I've been working on a commissioned scrapbook and I had three layouts that were sort of half finished for quite awhile. I committed myself to finishing the 3 layouts within 3 weeks. I finished the first layout (and posted it here) and now it is time to reveal the final two.

No, the book isn't done - but at least 3 layouts are now complete!


While I was shopping for papers for the book, I saw a die cut paper from Crate Paper called Tickled Pink, and I thought it would be great for the page about this adorable little girl's birth. I was so inspired by the paper that I decided to use the name of the paper for the title of the page as well.


I used my sewing machine to stitch a border around the focus photo and also some accents on the side pages. It is hard to see in the picture, but I think it give the layout a nice finishing touch.


When I was gathering the pictures for the book, Lori (who asked me to scrapbook some pictures from her daughter's baby/toddler times) told me a little bit about each picture or set of pictures so that I could have a background to keep in mind while designing the pages.


Although this Maui page is a very happy one, the story that goes along with it is not quite so happy. Lori ended up sick much of the time that the family was vacationing in Maui and was so sick that she barely got out. I do think these are some great pictures despite Lori feeling so ill.


Sometimes scrapbooks are so wonderful because we can scrap the true emotion of the event...but sometimes scrapping the event a little happier than it might have been can bring out the good memories and leave the not-so-fun moments behind.



Supplies - Tickled Pink Layout:

Papers: Crate Paper
Cardstock: Bazzill, Bazzill Bling
Embellishments: Prima (Flowers), American Crafts (Thickers), Brads (from stash), Machine Stitching
Tools: Paper Trimmer


Supplies - Maui Layout:

Papers: Crate Paper
Cardstock: Bazzill Bling, Bazzill Washboard
Embellishments: Jenni Bowlin (Bliss Bingo Card), Prima (Flowers), Maya Road (Chipboard Letters), Tags (from LSS), Crate Paper (Brads), American Crafts (Photo Turn), Machine Stitching, Twill (from LSS)
Tools: Paper Trimmer, Fiskars Fingertip Craft Knife, Mod Podge, Foam Brush

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love the Maui layout! I like how you layered the flowers, it's really cute.

Anonymous said...

Incredible site I enjoyed reading your info

[url=http://partyopedia.com]birthday supplies[/url]

scrapn_momof2 said...

Great LO's Tifany. I love the colors of the Maui LO.