Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Look who's TWO


I'm really excited with how this layout turned out. I don't generally do layouts with just one photo (and until recently I only did two page layouts), but I knew the supplies I wanted to use and it seemed to take away from it too much to add another picture.

I started with a sheet from a 6x6 pad of Basic Grey and used that as my starting point and picked a piece of base cardstock to coordinate. I've been using cereal boxes for my chipboard and cutting the designs myself, but I had some chipboard pieces I wanted to use and covered them with another sheet of Basic Grey paper (I used ModPodge to attach the paper and then cut around the chipboard shapes with a craft knife). I used my Coluzzle template to cut out the oval for the title. I inked the edges of the chipboard and the oval with some Distress Ink (I think Brushed Corduroy). For "two" I used Thickers and then did hand lettering and detail with a white Inkssentials pen for the rest of the title piece. I topped that off with a button and a Prima flower.

After I had everything adhered I felt like the page was missing something, so I used the tips of a sharp pair of scissors and scratched a border around the photo. I really like the look it created.


Supplies:

Cardstock - Colorbok
Patterned Paper -Basic Grey
Flower - Prima Artful Collage
Button - Foof-a-la
Chipboard Accents - Maya Road
Thickers
White Pen - Ranger Inkssentials
Tim Holtz Distress Ink

1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

Love this LO! Love its simplicity!